Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Message received ...sort of?

Changes, moves, travels and I suppose interference with painting. But here I am and I will keep on this passionate hobby. It was a funny thing when I gave away a couple of unfinished paintings. This one had a story personal to me. But my niece who had decided to adopt it saw something completely different here. Not only did she interpret the feeling of the painting radically different from me. She also saw colours differently. It was just amazing. It made me ask myself if my own story for a painting requires sharing. And right now, I only feel the process matters. Painting is a different form of communication (not like language) and right now I don't feel that it must be received as intended. (Though many a professor would disagree with me). Something to think about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment