Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Taking photos inside a museum

This is not my usual type of post, but I have thought I do not write enough.

A question arose (in the middle of the night) whether an art gallery/museum is doing itself a disservice by not allowing photographs to be snapped by its attendees of a feature exhibition. The photos typically wind up on Facebook or Flikr as a free cultural advertisement, and those struck by this would naturally want to partake in similar activities.

I wonder if I can say this about taping of an orchestra symphony... perhaps not, what do you think?

xo

2 comments:

  1. My understanding of the photography bans has always been that flash photography damages the artworks, and museums have been unable to ban the flash because people are too stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen it at featured contemporary exhibitions, like ROM & AGO - but not all.

    ReplyDelete